Release Date July 16, 2015 Early Access Platforms PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One. Skyforge is a sci-fi/fantasy MMO where players develop their characters from immortals into powerful gods.
Skyforge, a free-to-play third-person action MMO available on PC and PS4, has a very divided community on the topic of character creation. You see, once you create your character, you’re stuck with ‘em.
The only way to create a brand new character from scratch, according to the Skyforge FAQ is:
“Your account is your character, so to start from scratch, this would require creating a new account or changing to a region you don’t play on.”
This means you can only create a brand new character byswapping from the NA server to the EU server -- or vice versa. This, of course, means you could potentially get a lower ping, not to mention having to coordinate with your friends to also transfer servers to play with them.
But all is not lost.
You can change your character's class whenever want, so you don’t have to worry about developing your character down a skill tree you no longer want -- or grind through a playstyle you don’t enjoy. You can just switch classes and begin playing in a different way to grow your character into a new type of hero.
You can also change your outfit for free in the Style Room -- and you even get one free re-customization to change your physical appearance and name. After that one freebie, there is a fee you’ll have to pay.
So be very careful when you create your character. Make sure you are absolutely certain of your name and appearance before finalizing because you have only one free chance to change 'em without relocating to an entirely different server -- or creating a new account.
16 July 2015
April 11, 2017
November 29, 2017
|Genre(s)||Massively multiplayer online role-playing game|
Skyforge is a free-to-playmassively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Allods Team in collaboration with Obsidian Entertainment, and published by My.com. Set on the planet Aelion, Skyforge fuses elements of Science fiction and fantasy in its visuals and storytelling, and sees players exploring the world as an immortal who must strive to become a god. The project started development in 2010 and received an open release for Microsoft Windows in July 2015, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One releases following in 2017. The latest major content update, 'Ignition', was released on all platforms in September 2019.
In Skyforge, players assume the role of an immortal with incredible celestial powers who must protect the planet Aelion from invaders who threaten the world and its population. Character progression within the game is not level based; instead of a traditional leveling format, Skyforge features a 'prestige' system, which allows a player to advance based on the sum total of their stats and progression. This allows players to develop and switch between 17 different classes at any time, rather than being locked into a class choice made earlier in the game. As a player gains more prestige, additional content, gear, and followers are unlocked. Once the player becomes a god is achieved Skyforge includes an additional progression system which allows users to manage their followers to increase their character's overall power.
Aelion has a lot of missions to take on and locations to visit. The capital of Aelion serves as the game's hub, with three core locations. The Divine Observatory is where the player can take on missions and visit different locations through a hologram globe. The Divine Observatory allows players to travel to different locations around Aelion, and also participate in player versus player battles. Each location, including Dankit Island, Lanber Forest, and Isola Digs, has multiple objectives, enemies, and storylines. At the Research Center, the player can train, try out different classes, and change the appearance of their character. In the Park, players explore and occasionally hosts events, such as seasonal pumpkin lighting and gift opening events for Halloween and Christmas.
Players can team up with friends and random players online to take on missions and larger raids and instances.
In the universe of Skyforge Clean road app. , gods derive their powers from their followers. The planet Aelion was once a free world protected by the greater god Aeli, who helped civilization flourish. When the story begins, Aeli has vanished, leaving behind a world of followers which is only protected by immortals (the player characters) and a few remaining lesser gods, leaving it under attack by hostile gods and invading alien forces from neighboring planets. The player starts in the capital of Aelion as an immortal, and after talking to Herida, a goddess and advisor to the immortals, discovers that they were brought back to life after a devastating attack by a Reaper of Death. After choosing a starting class and undergoing combat guides, training, tutorials, and character customization, the player can tackle combat missions around Aelion, fighting off threats such as the Reaper, hostile Mechanoids, Virds, bandits, and more.
The update New Horizons, released on April 9, 2019, introduced the planet Terra, new story content, and the Draconids, a new enemy faction.
Allods Team, who previously developed the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Allods Online, started developing Skyforge for PC in 2010. It was confirmed that My.com would publish the game. In May 2013, it was announced that Obsidian Entertainment, known for their work on western role-playing video games such as Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout: New Vegas, would be collaborating with Allods Team on the development of Skyforge. The game entered closed beta in 2015, and received an open public release for Microsoft Windows on 16 July, 2015. On April 11, 2017, Skyforge was released for PlayStation 4. It was also released for Xbox One on November 29, 2017.
Skyforge is free-to-play but allows players to pay for certain in-game content, including an optional premium status. A store also allows players to purchase certain items, including cosmetics and equipment that gives small stat boosts.
Upon its release in 2015, MMORPG.com said that Skyforge was 'easily the best new MMO in recent months.'Rock, Paper, Shotgun reviewer Richard Cobbett said the game was 'one of the more pleasant F2P MMOs I've played of late', and praised the differences between Skyforge and competitors, including its hub world, the scattered quests in open areas, and the 'genuine sense of trying to be a good game first and a profitable one second'.
- 'MMORPG of the Year' from MMOs.com's 2015 Game of the Year Awards
- 'Best of Show' from TenTonHammer's Best of E3 2014 Awards
- 'Best PC Game' from Destructoid's Best of E3 2014 Awards
- ^'Skyforge Announced for PS4'. IGN. February 15, 2017. Retrieved December 30, 2017.
- ^'Skyforge is coming to Xbox'.
- ^'First CBT Now Live'. My.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- ^ ab'Ignition Maintenance – September 3, 2019'. Skyforge - Become А God in this AAA Fantasy Sci-fi MMORPG. 2019-09-02. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^VanOrd, Kevin. 'Is Skyforge the next big online RPG?'. GameSpot. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- ^'Skyforge – First Q&A reveals level system and switching of classes'. MMO Culture. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- ^'Classes'. Skyforge - Become А God in this AAA Fantasy Sci-fi MMORPG. 2018-04-09. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^Olivetti, Justin. 'Skyforge abandons leveling in favor of a prestige system'. Joystiq. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- ^'Skyforge exclusive interview and screenshots'. MMOgames.com. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- ^ ab'FAQ'. Skyforge - Become А God in this AAA Fantasy Sci-fi MMORPG. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^'Fresh New trailer featuring the world of Aelion from MMO Skyforge'. GGS gamer. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- ^'My.com Press Room — Skyforge Open Beta Begins Today!'. press.my.com. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^Purchese, Robert (2013-05-20). 'Obsidian collaborating on a Russian MMO called Skyforge'. Eurogamer. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^Skyforge (2017-03-23), Skyforge PS4 - Release Dates Trailer, retrieved 2019-05-14
- ^'Plenty of Sparks, But No Flame'. MMORPG.com. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^Cobbett, Richard (2015-07-20). 'The RPG Scrollbars: A Dip Into… Skyforge'. Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^Sullivan, Sean (2015-12-16). 'The MMOS.com 2015 Game of the Year Awards'. MMOs.com. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- ^Waters, Reuben. 'TEN TON HAMMER'S BEST OF E3 2014 AWARDS'. Ten Ton Hammer. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- ^'Destructoid's Best of E3 2014 winners!'. Destructoid. Retrieved 2019-05-14.